Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Saturday, October 13, 2018

August 17th, 1978 (pt 2): Stranger Danger? (an odd offer)

I just had a strange adventure.  Someone (a rather nice looking blond young man) range my doorbell @ 2:30pm to ask if I was Jill.  He had a sack from the Eastside Cafe in his hand.  He said, "You're Miss Latham, aren't you?".  I automatically said, "No, Miss Lawson".

Then, when I assured him there was no Jill in the neighborhood, he looked at the dinner (at a guess it was) and said "would you like to share this with me?"  He said, "I'm not trying to make a pass or anything.".  But I said, "no".  He asked again and I said, "I'm going backt to bed.  I don't want to wake my little boy.".  He said, "You're sure you don't want to share this wtih me?", and finally went away.

I was glad had put the chain bolt on the door.  It was certainly a novel way of getting into ahouse.  Perhaps I missed a pleasant adventure0my chance of having a man of my own0but it's much more likely that I missed being raped and murdered with a bribe of a fake Chinese dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment