Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

December 13th, 1978-in which Nancy battles depression

I feel more and more depressed as the month advances.  Today was Mom's Birthday and I forgot to call and wish her a Happy Birthday.  In fact, I forgot it was the 13th until nearly midnight tonight.  

Petey brought home a note from school complaining about parents sending their children to school when they are sick-and I know it meant me because Petey threw up spectacularly in the parking lot after school.  I feel so guilty for letting him go to school while I went to the doctor.  He only threw up once and didn't run a fever so I'm convinced it was the combination of spaghetti and chocolate milk (and salted rice chex) that made him throw up...but I still feel guilty....AAAND I sent his gift exchange present today when they were supposed to be taken to the party.  I can't do anything right.  I spent $17.00 on Christmas and Birthday presents and I still don't have anything for Thelma's family (they're giving us something so I HAVE to give them something) or Betty's boys.  I have to take money out of savings to go to Boise with, because Thelma wants to go to the Salvation Army stores and they only take cash, and anyhow I only have $20.00 left and I'll have to get groceries.  Petey didn't eat anything today except cinnamon toast and raviolis.  I just know he's going to get sick from malnutrition.  He's been exposed to Chicken Pox and could get shingles again and there's nothing I can do about it.  Nobody called or came by today and the only mail was a hospital bill.  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment