Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Date Unknown (1978)-in which Nancy records her very bad dream

I dreamed I was in a church yard in Kansas.  The gravestones were all flat markers surrounded by red bricks.  The church was red brick, too.  There was a large rectangular pool by the side of the church.  It was bright blue.  All around the countryside was dust.  I decided to go into the church but inside was a witch making corn dollies and poppets.  I knew they had to be burned, but when I tried to burn them in the alter flame, the witch put a curse on the fire and it turned black and wouldn't burn.  Thre was straw on the floor and I tried to drop lighted matches into it because she'd forgotten to curse the floor.  That meant the whole church would burn instead of the dolls, but it had to be purified.  Then I was in the ruins of a house and  I found a brain in a bowl of liquid that was creating a disturbance all around the house.  I knew it had to be destroyed but I didn't know how.  My mother and father tried to destroy it, but when they got close, they just shriveled up like burst balloons-only their empty outsides were left.  Then we sent for a minister and a doctor but we hadn't destroyed the brain when Pete woke me up...

No comments:

Post a Comment