Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Friday, September 9th, 1977

Pete had his Methatrexate today, but there were only 3 tablets left instead of four.  Fortunately, he only had to take 3 because his white count was low, but that's the second time I've been one tablet short.  When they're only dispensing 3 at a time, it doesn't seem reasonable.  Pete had 2 nosebleeds today.  The first he didn't tell me about, but I found his kleenex in the playroom.  The second began tonight while he was doing puzzles and watching TV.  Thelma had mentioned taking Pete along to the mountanins this weekend, but Dr. Baskerville must have said no.  Thelma was going to ask her this morning and call me, but she didn't call-and when I called her I got no answer.  I called Marilyn Cates this morning to see if she and Nicole were coming over, but her car had broken down so they didn't come.  She invited me to an AAUW meeting in Payette Monday.  I'd like to go if we can share a babysitter.  Betty Phipps won't be here.   She and Bill are going to Portland for a few days and leaving young Bill here so he won't have to miss school.  Felt quite flattered when Betty said he'd asked them to tell me.  She's coming over tomorrow morning to talk about it-must remember to get written authorization  to take Bill to the doctor if he needs it.  Vicky was here for a couple of hours this afternoon.  She and Pete watched "Mr. Rogers" and "Electric Company",  She wanted Pete to go over to her house 'till 8:00pm, but I was cooking dinner and her sister came to get her because they were going to a football game.  I finally cooked Dad's acorn squash and dressed it with brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and orange marmalade...but it still tasted like squash and Pete wouldn't eat any.  I made Daniel's Swiss chard, but we didn't eat that either.  I had it on low, with plenty of water , which was a good thing because I forgot it and left it cooking while I took Pete for a "tricycle walk".  We went around the Daily Argus building to the new city hall (admiring the flagpole) and then back home.  Called Dad tonight.  He wanted to know about Pete's first music lesson.  Mom might need surgery, but they don't know if she's strong enough to stand it.  Pete held the flashlight for me tonight while I bolted the back door "so I wouldn't be scared in the dark".  We watched Judy Collins on Boston Pops and I read him The Ghost Said Boo and The Binky Detectives.  I read The Night Spiders and The Missing Grandfather (pretty bad-gives me hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment