Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Monday, August 13, 2018

July 21st, 1978: This Mortal Coil

Pete is very concerned over Grandma's illness.  Yesterday he didn't want to go to the hospital with me and I explained to him that I wanted to go because my mother is very sick.  I asked him, if I was very sick, wouldn't you want to be with me?"  

Last night he was sitting on his bed looking very solemn.  I asked him why and he said, " I'm thinking about Grandma for you".  He asked me if she was dying and I said, "yes, I think so".  Then  he said, "can I go to the funeral?".

He's very concerned with death and what happens to your body after you die.  Yesterday he wanted to know where the soul is.  

Today we went to the hospital with Dad.  Sister Angelica was there when I went to see mom, and she arranged for Peter to come down and see her.  Mom seemed to know him and be glad to see him.  He turned very shy and sat on my lap.  We talked about when he was in hospital.  He remembered his blue gown with yellow chickies on it-he said he liked it the best.  He remembered the toy the nurses made him from the heart monitor discs (the use to roll it down his tummy).  Then he kissed Grandma's hand and told her goodbye, and so did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment