Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Saturday, August 13th, 1977...um...about that...

While, again, I recognize the impact of these entries is in their detail, full disclosure, and transparency, there was a LOT in this one that seemed really (I mean REALLY) personal.  Obviously there's some context here (4 &1/2 year old kid, it was 39 years ago, etc.), but, as previously stated, there are folks I still need to face in public and throughout the community, so I'm just gonna cut to the end..., sorry...-PL

We called Grandpa and arranged to go to "'Tucky Fried Chicken for lunch tomorrow, but first Dad has to go home from church and rescue his pickup from the hay field where it's stuck.  I finally asked Maria if there's space for another washer downstairs and she said yes, so I'll have to ask Pastor if last summer's offer is still good.  And Margaret Bunce said they have a swamp cooler we can have if it works.  Petey listened to "Rapunzel" tonight, and then I had to tell him the whole story of "The Rescuers" while we ate dinner.  He was really taken with the mice, Bernard and Bianca (I've always had an affinity for Bob Newhart as a comedian and an actor, no matter what he's been in-PL).  read him Traveling to Tripiti and Batman and Robin, Alfred to Zowie.  I read MASH goes to Montreal (not as funny as New Orleans), Hubbard's A Rooted Sorrow (repentant murderer) and James' An Unsuitable Job For A Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment