Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Tuesday, August 9th, 1977-in which two Weebles are fine but four are not enough

The morning seemed to fly by.  Dad picked us up at 1:00pm to run our errands.  We went first to Ontario Pharmacy, where I left my Melaril to be refilled.  Then we went to the bank.  I deposited the $5.00 Leslie gave Pete in his savings account which is now up to $58.00-almost enough for his bicyclye...but his music lessons are likely to set me back a chunk.  I cashed a check for $10.00 to pay for our trip to Boise tomorrow.  I went to the library and Dad took Petey to the park for an hour while I got my books in blissful peace.  I also got a record of Koto music (?-PL) I think Pete will enjoy.  He loves guitar music.  He checked out for himself a book of Haiku illustrated by Ezra Jack Keats.  I think we'll read it while I play the record.  Dad needed to go to Bonanza 88, so I gave Pete $1.00 to buy himself a present.  He got two Weebles (and after he got home, wept because he wanted more Weebles to fill up his airplane. He was happy with two, but he's unhappy with four).  Then we treated Dad to a root beer float at the A&W.  Petey had milk.  We stopped at Safeway where I got a carton of cigarettes, but my pictures hadn't come back yet.  Then we picked up my medicine and came home.  I turned on the TV for Pete-it was 7:00pm time for his programs-and I lay down.  In the early evening, Julie Warren came over to play with Pete.  Then Vicky Plaza came by (she told Julie she'd been held back a grade-I think we'll do better letting Pete start late).  Then Michael Warren came over.  They had Weebles and airplanes, dolls, and Pete's golf set out on the lawn.  Dad made the church council meeting.  I called John Sandquist today-he's trying to find some help for Pete's music lessons...and we'll need transport there and to the library story hour (they're both going to be on Thursday so that will be a full day for Pete).  Paul Gates is taking us to Boise.  He wants to leave at 11:00am so he can visit a friend at St. Alphonsus (This still being in Boise, before St. Al's took on Holy Rosary Medical Center in Ontario-PL).  I had a long letter today from Carol CDarr and my British History Illustrated came in with the wrong address still.    Lorraine Bennet called and we plan to go out with her tomorrow night.  Pete and I both bathed and washed our hair.  I read Pete Hey, Elephant, a Raggedy Andy story and In a Spring Garden (haiku).  I read Fair With Rain and Who Goes Hang.  Have worked up to the "J's" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment