Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Monday, September 5th 1977 (Labor Day)-in which we get the Holiday Run Around, work on some letters, and try to do some good for others

Lorraine Bennett took us up to the hospital at 10:00am.  Shirley Kimball was on dutyat the desk and said they didn't do any out patient tests on Holidays (I don't know what she thinks Memorial Day and the 4th of July were!)-that technicians were swamped, and, in short, refused to do Pete's blood test today-now the results won't be available for MSTI tomorrow.  More hassle.
Lorraine promised to take us in @9:00am tomrrow and Shirley said they'd do his test right away, but what a mess!  Lorraine had Deena's 3 children with her and we all went to the Red Steer (Dutch).  Petey had a corn dog and I had a pizza-burger.  When we got home, Petey did some "lessons".  We worked on capital "R" and small "r".  He did quite well the the capitals.  We were both tired and took early naps-I slept from 12:30pm-3:00pm.  Then we watched part of Jerry Lewis' Muscular Dystrophy Telethon.  Then we switched over to channel 4 for "Lilias, Yogo, and You" and "Sesame Street".  Thelma picked us up about 5:15pm (Pete had watched part of "Mr. Rogers") and took us over to her place for charcoal broiled hamburgers.  I gave Thelma some more pineapple juice (6 cans), squash, cottage cheese, tomatos, and some of Dad's plums.  Thelma took Pete's outgrown clothes for some little children Sissie was babysitting with.  The mother took the 3 children and left her husband-with only the clothes they stood up in.  I gave Thelma Pete's "everyday" winter coat-he has the one Grandma and Grandpa gave him for his birthday last year, and these kids had no coats at all.  Promised Thelma one of my winter coats for the mother, too (I'll give her the one Marilyn gave me-it's missing a button, but it's a good heavy coat).  Thelma gave me a very pretty green dress that's too tight for Sissie, but unfortunately it's too tight for me too.  Pete and I came home fairly early (before I didn't want to Herman and Sissie came-I didn't want to make how I held my purse too obvious) because Thelma had a pain in her side she was afraid might be from her kidneys.  Daniel was out mowing the lawn so Pete got his wagon and Daniel put "hay" in it for him.  Vicky Plaza came over and Danel gave her and Pete a lot of leaves (she's "collecting" them and, of course, Pete wanted to too).  Pete's were still on the branch so I filled an old milk jug with water for it and put it in the bedroom.  Them Pete and I tried to make a leaf print-He coated a leaf with fingerpaint and it, paint-sid down-on construction paper.  He covered that with newspaper and put weights on top.  He was covered with paint but I had to spank him to him in the tub.  Read him Dougal Looks For Birds and The March Wind.  He's complaining of being tired again....and my toe REALLY hurts

No comments:

Post a Comment