Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Friday, July 29th, 1977

Today was "S" Day, but there was no sign of Stewart.  I called John this afternoon and he gave me Ed Hagen's (the assistant District Attorney) office and home phone numbers "in case Stewart should try to 'snatch' Petey or interfere with his custody".  John also said he hadn't found out anything about the music lessons yet, but might know next week.  Pete is really looking forward them because all his friends are "doing something".  Nicole is taking gymnastics lessons and Sharon is taking tap dancing.  But, as Pete says, "I can still play on my organ at home".  And with his recorder, harmonicas and organ, he can be a "one man band".  Vicky called and came over for "Sesame Street" and "Mr Rogers" then they went back to her house to watch "Electric Company".  Then Pete came home for Brady Bunch.  Gave Betty Phipps some of the watermelon Sheryl gave us.  Then I tested a piece and it had gone off (it's been out since yesterday with no refrigeration) so I told her to throw it way.  But while I was complaining about how dull the knife was, Betty ran home and came back with a really sharp knife from Bill's kitchen equipment so now I have a good one.  Betty was sick with an upset stomach so Petey couldn't go over there but Betty brought her box of little cars over for Pete to play with here.  Petey "helped" Daniel rake up the peeling sycamore bark off the lawn tonight, and Betty let him help water her flowers.  In fact, she asked Pete if he would do it while she was gone (they're going on a vacation with Debbie and Alyss) and she'd either pay him or bring him a present.  He said yes and opted for the present...of course, it really means I'll be watering their lawn and flowers but I'm glad to have a chance to do something for them.  Betty brought over The National Enquirer because it had an article on a new Leukemia drug-Asparagrinase (sp?).  It also mentioned Prednisone, Mercaptopurine, Cytroxan, and Venecristine...and he's been in remission for a year and 3 months.  The article even called the new drug a "cure" for Leukemia.  Pete had 2 Methatrexate pills today, half his regular dose and no side effects.  He's on half of all medicines until they recheck his white count Monday.  Pete had cooked carrots and some chicken soup for dinner.  I made pork chops but he wouldn't eat one.  We had hamburgers for lunch and he ate most of his.  I ate the last of the strawberries I'd bought today.  They'd already started to mold-even refrigeration didn't help.  We had a letter from Carol Carr today, and both Petey and I started letters to her.  Pete rode his tricycle and fire engine tonight-I really get tired of carrying them down the stairs and up again, but there's no place else to park them except on our porch.  Red Pete The Everywhere Cat tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment