Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Monday, September 7, 2015

Sunday, July 24th, 1977-in which Petey wears a suit, Nancy defiantly wears slacks to church(again), and turkeys attack

I am really praying hard for Thelma tonight.  Sissie ran away from home yesterday afternoon.  She was seen in Payette about 8:00pm last night but that's the last time anyone's known to have seen her.  Thelma called me because she didn't want me to find out from the TV or radio spots they've asked for.  The police in both Oregon and Idaho are looking for her, but she could be anywhere by now.  And she's so young...to be out at night, alone.  Got Petey in bet at one a.m. this morning when we got home from Sylvia and Dave's.  Then we had to get up early to be ready when Dad and Mom picked us up for church.  I wore slacks again today (take that, Biddy Brigade!-PL)-and no stockings since I haven't any without runs-and was pleased to note a lot of women in slacks today (including Betty and Mom).  We went to Safeway after church.  I was really out of everything.  I filled another WIC coupon, the one with cheese this time-and I spent $17.74 on groceries besides...mostly meat and fruit and juice.  We came home to unload groceries (it was raining and cool, hooray!) then went to the farm with Mom and Dad.  We had sweet rolls here  and more at the farm.  Betty was going through things and found a box with my dolls-including my baby doll that was Mom's (china head, wooden hands) and the Raggedy Ann doll Grandma bought for Peter before she died that Mom had kept (and which I believe I still have-PL). She gave me an old coffee table for Pete's organ to go on.  Dad gave me beets and carrots from the garden (tiny carrots for Pete) and Betty gave me some cherries and 3 rag rugs for Peter's "new" bedroom.  She's going to ask the carpet man if he has any spare pieces, too.  And when they get their new living room drapes (the drapes don't match the carpet any more), I'll get the old ones from their doors for Petey's French doors.  My back porch is getting full of stuff-must do some clearing out.  We were too tired to have lunch, napped  and then Lorraine called.  She came over and brought Pete an elephant ring toss game like her grandchildren have.  I had a fine time inflating it.  We went to her house, had coffee while Pete played with Valerie Shoot's grandchildren (she's a friend of Sylvia's, from England), then Lorraine took us for a ride.  We went to the park and Pete pushed Lorraine and me on the merry-go-round, then we pushed him, he swung, and we all 3 went on the seesaw-Lorraine holding Pete.  Then we came home and had dinner (steak, mushrooms, melon, chicken soup for Pete).  Marilyn Cates called and we altered our plans a little.  We're going over there at 7:00pm Tuesday night so Pete and Nicole can play in her sandbox.  Pete got hemmed into a corner of the chicken coop at the farm today by Dad's turkeys, and was pretty upset when I got him out.  He wore his suit to church today "to look good for Nicole".  Bernie gave him a fishing rod of his very own, and I got him a car at Bonanza 88, in return for staying in the car while I went to Safeway.  Red the Gordons' Meanaces today

No comments:

Post a Comment