Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Thursday, July 28th, 1977-Countdown to "S" Day

Tonight was good grooming night for Pete and me.  I took a bath and washed my hair, gave Pete his bath (full of boats) cut his fingernails and toenails, and taped his toes (he has an "overlaid" toe on each foot and Dr. Baskerville suggested taping them in the correct position).  He has what looks like heat rash all over with maybe a few mosquito bites on his arms and legs.  Tomorrow is supposed to be "S" day-at least its the day Stewart told John he was coming.  John asked me to stay home tomorrow, or if I had to go out to call him so in case Stewart does come he can arrange a meeting...and, of course, I'd want to notify Cliff and Mr. Paschke.  Pete and I had a fairly quiet day.  Cheryl Ruth called and asked if we liked watermelon, and brought us half of a huge melon.  I'll ask Betty Phipps if she'd like some tomorrow.  Vicky called, and Pete went to her house (he walked over all by himself...tho I'd watched just in case Stewart might be around and have plans to snatch him...unlikely, of course, I don't think Stewart would even recognize him, but I can't help worrying-which would please Stewart greatly if he knew) to watch "Sesame Street" and "Mr. Rogers". Then they came back here to watch "Electric Company" and play with Pete's puzzles and Play-doh (they made pizzas, a step up from mud pies I guess).  Then Vicky went home and I took Pete for a "tricycle walk". We took tricycle along and hunted for all the sidewalks in the neighborhood (Ontario doesn't have a lot of them) so Pete could ride.  Pete went off a sidewalk and tipped over once, but he lit in some long soft grass and didn't cry-his knee has a few red scrapes I think are grass cuts but it doesn't seem sore and didn't bleed.  We saw Vicky on the way and she wanted to come but I told her we'd take sometime when she had her mother's o.k.  We went by the new City Hall and saw the fire engines installed in their new home.  Then we went as far as 9th Avenue, passing (at a distance) St. Matthew's Kindergarten where I hope Pete will go next year.  When we got home we had a picnic on the front lawn-bologna, cheese, apple juice, green pepper strips-in lieu of a proper dinner-Pete didn't have any lunch today, said he wasn't hungry-and I had a liverwurst and left over piece of cube steak sandwich.  He ate a little fruit today and drank lots of juice (6 cans and several glasses).  He had a temper tantrum tonight and through a glass (plastic) at me, so I spanked him and made him retrieve the glass from under the table.  He cried then hugged me and promised me he wouldn't throw things again.  Read Goldstein's Nobody's Sorry He Got Killed and The Little Fire Engine to Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment