Nancy Lawson

Nancy Lawson
a picture from her early teaching days in San Franciso

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Wednesday, August 24th, 1977

Mrs. Norris picked us up at quarter to eleven.  We went to Ontario Pharmacy where I left Pete's methatrexate to be filled.  We went in as soon as we got to Dr. Baskerville's office.  Pete is up to 49 pounds.  I told him he'd have to have toys for his "special treats" instead of food-must get his weight down while he's on 6MP and methatrexate.  His white count, hemoglobin, and platelet count were all normal today!  We called Mrs. Norris at her daughter's house, picked up Pete's medicine, and came home again.  We had hamburgers for lunch and then napped.  Pete was watching his programs while I read the paper.  There was an advertisement for the Pix (now an extension of Eldridge Furniture in downtown Ontario, though remnants of the theater's seating can be found at Jolts and Juice Company-PL). They have "Charlotte's Web" and a Charley Brown movie this week.  I tried unsuccessfully to call Sylvia Loebach to see if she wanted to send Sharon with Pete and just as I hung up the phone, Sylvia drove up.  I made her a pot of tea and she said she might like to go to the movie too.  We planned to make it some night this week (I'll have to cash a check) and to take the children on a picnic one day next week.  They may be moving to Nyssa-Dave has taken a job there, tho he's still waiting to hear about one that was offered him here.  Pete, Sharon, and little Davey played and watched TV while Sylvia and I talked.  After they left, Pete and I planned to go outside but it had rained today and the mosquitoes were fierce so we stayed inside.  We took some corn over to Betty this morning and she loaned Pete Bill's "car wash" to play with, so Pete organized a "car sale" in th living roomj and then we pretended we were washing and repairing all the cars.  I started a letter to Uncle Rudy, and Pete made him a "cut and glue" picture of mountains, a train, and a railroad track while he listened to "Hardtack is a Fine Old Engine".  I played "Carmine Burana" and Pete said he like it.  I defrosted the refrigerator today with Dad's gadget-had everything piled on the table when Sylvia came.  It really is fast-the ice comes off in big chunks instead of a little at a time.  It was cool enough today so I didn't think things would spoil being out for a short time.  Pete finished the hamburger for dinner, wanted some of my bacon, but wouldn't touch Dad's green beans.  He asked for corn and I cooked it, but he was too tired to eat it.  Called Thelma.  Vernon was arrested for having stolen property-some of the parts he used to fix his bike were stolen from a State Policeman's child's bike.  Read Pete The Root Children Wake Up.  No bath tonight, too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment